Ryman are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of and thereafter the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679, the “GDPR”) as amended, supplemented or replaced from time to time (“Data Protection Law”), the data controller is Ryman Limited, with registered number Z6813872 and registered address Ryman Limited, Ryman House, Savoy Road, Crewe Cheshire, CW1 6NA.
Our Data Protection Officer for the purpose of Data Protection Law is contactable at Ryman Limited, Ryman House, Savoy Road, Crewe, Cheshire. CW1 6NA or by email at GDPRenquiries@ryman.co.uk.
1. Information we collect from you
We will collect and process the following data about you:
1.1. Information you give us:-
- This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our website www.rymancareers.co.uk ("our site")
- Or information you give to us when by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise, and while you are in-store
- It includes information you provide when you register to use our site, create an account, subscribe to our service, subscribe to our mailing list, search for a job, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, complete a survey, when you report a problem with our site and when you apply for a job via our site
- The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and employment information (such as a CV)
- If you provide any information about any other individuals such as friends, family or colleagues, you warrant to us that you are entitled to provide that information to us and to authorise us to process it on the same basis as we will process the rest of the data you provide about yourself
1.2. Information we collect about you.
With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:-
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), jobs you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs) and methods used to browse away from the page
- We may also collect information about you when you visit our stores via CCTV. Any CCTV recording and use is governed by our separate CCTV policy. We will not collect any other information about you when you are in-store or when you correspond with us apart from the information that you provide to us
1.3. Information we receive from other sources
This is information we receive about you from sources other than directly from yourself, which may include social media such as Linked In, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference and employment agencies). We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
3. Purposes for which we may process the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:-
3.1. Information you give to us.
We may use this information:-
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- If you have submitted a job application, in order to evaluate and manage that application, and to manage your employment if you are successful
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so
- To notify you about changes to our service
We will not use information submitted directly to www.rymancareers.co.uk for any direct marketing purpose. To be clear, we only collect the data in order to progress your application or those opportunities that may also be of interest to you within the Theo Paphitis Retail Group.
3.2. Information we collect about you.
We will use this information:-
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes
- To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you
3.3. Information we receive from other sources
We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
4. Disclosure of your information
4.1. You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:-
4.1.1. For administrative purposes, any of our group undertakings, as defined in s1161(5) of the UK Companies Act 2006 and also including any undertaking which is under 50% or more ultimate common ownership with Ryman Ltd, provided that they either:-
(a) Are within the European Economic Area
(b) Are in a country that the European Union has decided has adequate data protection laws in place; or
(c) Have provided appropriate data protection safeguards of the sort approved by the European Union and provide effective rights and remedies for you
Any use by other group members of one group member’s personal data beyond administration will be subject to all the requirements of Data Protection Law.
4.1.2. Selected third parties including:-
- To affiliate companies with your prior consent
- To third parties that process data on our behalf
- To any other party with your prior consent
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we will provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you
- Individuals or organisations that you have specified as a reference in relation to any job application that you have made. We will only do this with your explicit consent at the relevant stage of the recruitment process
4.2. Additionally, we may disclose your personal information to third parties:-
4.2.1. If we outsource any aspect of our business or systems, then we may disclose your personal data to our service provider(s)
4.2.2. In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets
4.2.3. If we or a substantial part of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers may be one of the transferred assets
4.2.4. If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply the terms of any agreement or policy to which we are a party, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our business, our customers, or others. This may include exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction
5. Legal basis of processing
5.1. Data Protection Law requires us to meet at least one “legal ground” for processing, currently set out in Article 6 of the General Data Protection Regulation. The grounds applicable to the personal data to which this notice relates are:-
5.1.1. Where the processing is necessary for us to perform a contract that you are party to, or to take steps at your request prior to entering a contract, that is the ground on which we are processing that data
5.1.2. Where the processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, that is the ground on which we are processing that data
5.1.3. Where processing is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party, that is the ground on which we are processing that data, provided that your fundamental rights and freedoms which require protection of your data override those legitimate interests (our legitimate interests comprise the recruitment and management of staff)
5.1.4. If you have given your consent to our processing the data, that is the basis on which we are processing that data
If more than one of the above grounds apply to the processing of data in question, the applicable ground will be the one that is set out first above.
5.2. Special categories of personal data
If you provide us with any special categories of personal data (that is to say information as to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, physical or mental health, sex life or sexual orientation or genetic or biometric data) or personal data relating to criminal convictions and offences, then it is a condition of us receiving that information that you expressly consent (and you hereby do) to us processing that personal data for the purposes set out in clause 3. Accordingly, if you do not want us to process any such categories of personal data, please do not provide it to us
The information will only be used so that we can monitor our compliance with the law and best practice in terms of equal opportunities and non-discrimination and, where applicable to review and keep under review your ability and suitability to carry out the work for which you may be employed and any health and safety issues
6. Where we store your personal data
6.1. The data that we collect from you will be stored on our servers or those of our service providers. It will not be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the UK or the European Economic Area ("EEA") unless:-
6.1.1. to one of our group undertakings to which section 4.1.1 above applies; or
6.1.2. to a processor acting on our behalf which is either (i) within the EEA, or (ii) in a country that the European Union has decided has adequate data protection laws in place, or (iii) has provided appropriate data protection safeguards of the sort approved by the European Union and provide effective rights and remedies for you
6.2. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential, and for all use made of your account with such password. We ask you not to share a password with anyone
6.3. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted via the internet; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access
7. Length of data storage
Our policy is to ensure that personal data is only stored for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out at section 3 above. This may vary according to the type of information and the specific applicable purpose(s). This is held in line with the timescales that have been defined within the Ryman business.
8. Your rights
8.1. You have various rights under Data Protection Law. These include:-
8.1.1. The right to ask us not to process your personal data for direct marketing purposes, even if you have given consent
8.1.2. If our processing is based on your consent, the right to withdraw any consent you may have given for our processing of your data – if you exercise this right, we will be required to stop such processing if consent is the sole lawful ground on which we are processing that data
8.1.3. The right to ask us for access to the data we hold about you (see section 9 below for further details)
8.1.4. The right to ask us to rectify any data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete
8.1.5. The right to ask us to delete your data in certain circumstances
8.1.6. The right to ask us to restrict our processing of your data in certain circumstances
8.1.7. The right to object to our processing of your data in certain circumstances
8.1.8. In certain circumstances, the right to require us to give you the data we hold about you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format so that you can provide the data to another data controller
8.2. You can exercise any of the rights set out above, free of charge, by clicking here. In respect of certain of the rights referred to above, your right may be qualified by the GDPR (which we will discuss with you following your request) or we may need more information from you, which we will ask you for following your request. We may ask you to provide further information in order to confirm your identity. Please also note that if you submit unfounded or excessive (for example repetitive) requests to exercise any of these rights, we reserve the right to make a reasonable charge for providing the requested information or taking the requested action, or to decline your request.
8.3. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (www.ico.org.uk) if you are concerned that we are not respecting your rights under Data Protection Law. The Information Commissioner’s Office is the authority in the UK which is responsible for overseeing the application of, and enforcing, Data Protection Law
9. Accessing your data
You have the right to obtain from us:-
9.1. Confirmation as to whether we are processing (including holding) personal data about you; and
9.2. If we are processing personal data about you, you are entitled to be provided with:-
9.2.1. Information as to the purposes for which we process the data
9.2.2. Information as to the categories of the data that we are processing
9.2.3. Information as to the recipients or categories of recipients to whom the data has or will be disclosed
9.2.4. Information as to the envisaged period for which we will store the data, or the basis on which that period will be determined
9.2.5. A copy of the data (further copies are available at a reasonable charge, which we will inform you of should you request further copies). Please note that this right is subject to the rights of others in relation to their own personal data, meaning that we cannot disclose data to you if it would involve disclosing data about someone else
9.3. Please see section 8.2 above as to how to exercise your rights under this section 9. Section 8.2 applies in full to the exercise of these rights.
10. Other websites
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
11. Changes to this privacy notice
Any changes we make to our privacy notice in the future will be posted on this page. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our privacy notice.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this privacy notice are welcomed and should be addressed to Data Manager, Ryman Limited, Ryman House, Savoy Road, Crewe, Cheshire, CW1 6NA or by email at GDPRenquiries@ryman.co.uk.