Supervisor - Cheltenham - 18.5 Hours
We never underestimate how essential our colleagues are to keeping our business moving and growing. We are looking for people who are passionate about our products. You are what makes Ryman, and in return we do everything we can to make it a great place to work.
The Job: Supervisor
WHO’S RIGHT FOR THE ROLE?
All the teams in Ryman, in our stores and in our Retail Support Centre, demonstrate how passionate about retail we are, by putting our customers first and sharing the vision to keep our customers at the heart of everything we do. We deliver results with energy, enthusiasm and passion. We are all resilient, innovative and adaptable team players.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Act as an ambassador for Ryman and the wider Theo Paphitis Retail Group by showing interest in learning everything about the business and your role and positively sharing this knowledge with our customers.
- Contribute towards making Ryman the number one High Street Stationer by providing a consistent high level of customer service
- Confidently and professionally handle customer complaints and difficulties to retain customer loyalty
- Drive a culture of excellent customer service ensuring all team members engage with customers enthusiastically, establish customer needs and help them to purchase by matching products to those needs through the application of a high level of product knowledge whilst highlighting relevant promotions and upselling
- Assist with the training of colleagues, utilising available tools to maximise the performance of the team
- Operate the till in an efficient manner, processing all transactions with a high regard to customer care and loss prevention procedures
- Ensure the security and accuracy of all company systems and ensure that all systems are utilised by all team members as per company policies and procedures
- Promote high visual merchandising standards; ensuring that store housekeeping standards are high and continually achieved
- Acquire and promote a high level of product knowledge and continue to develop that knowledge both for yourself and your team
- Recognise and act upon opportunities to increase the value of sales by offering appropriate additional items
- In the absence of the Store/Deputy Manager assume full accountability for the overall security and safety of our people and property ensuring the Branch operates in line with company policies and procedures
- In the absence of the Store/Deputy Manager motivate all colleagues to drive sales and to achieve required KPIs
- In the absence of the Store/Deputy Manager liaise with Retail Support Centre colleagues should any issues need to be reported
- In the absence of the Store/Deputy Manager assist with the processing of weekly timesheets
WHAT WE WOULD LIKE TO SEE IN YOU
- Passion for the Ryman Brand and our associated companies
- Passion for exceeding customers expectations
- Enthusiastic, driven and focused on achieving results
- Self motivated with an ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Confident approach towards maximising sales opportunities
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and challenges whilst meeting deadlines
- Ability to positively adapt to change, every day is different and the pace is fast
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- A dedication to learning and developing your own skills as well as your team members
- Flexibility towards working hours and location
WHAT YOU WILL GET FROM US
- Fantastic training to help you complete your role and be the best you can be, with the option to continue your development into a more senior role if you wish to progress within our business
- A great team to work with where everyone is supported to make a difference at all levels
- An opportunity to complete an apprenticeship in management
- Fantastic weekly bonus (discretionary) should you and your team achieve your agreed weekly KPI targets
- Ongoing incentives to reward performance
- Generous discount at Ryman and the other brands within the Theo Paphitis Retail Group
Please note this job description is not exhaustive and you may be required to carry out other duties as and when required.