Location: Crewe RSC
We never underestimate how essential our colleagues are to keeping our business moving and growing. We are looking for people who are passionate about our products. You are what makes Ryman, and in return we do everything we can to make it a great place to work.
The Job: Assistant Buyer
WHO’S RIGHT FOR THE ROLE?
All the teams in Ryman, in our stores and in our Retail Support Centre, demonstrate how passionate about retail we are, by putting our customers first and sharing the vision to keep our customers at the heart of everything we do. We deliver results with energy, enthusiasm and passion. We are all resilient, innovative and adaptable team players.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
To support the Buyer and/or Senior Buyer in
- Achieving sales and margin targets
- Enabling the team to achieve promotional deadlines and analysing data
- By carrying out competitor reviews to enable achievement of sales and margin targets
- Providing prompt and constructive responses to issues arising
- Producing weekly sales & margin reports and range trackers
- Collating Sales & Operations Manager’s and Store feedback for review by the Trading Team and responding to any actions arising
- To collate new line product information from the supplier, to coordinate the relevant information before passing to Stock Analyst for creating a product code. This will then be forwarded to the Data Administrator for set up and multi-channel team. Ensuring Multi channel have all relevant imagery and we write up.
- To ensure all new products are fit for purpose and create good customer experience.
- To manage the overall product lifecycle with minimal company cash margin erosion.
- To carry out competitor pricing review of key categories and all other key known value items within the category.
- Responsible updating landed cost spread sheet.
- To carry out pricing margin analysis for Far East sourcing and for any UK suppliers proposed products or tenders. To process these once approved by the Senior Buyer.
- To comply with Bribery Act 2010 and complete new and change of supplier documentation for sign off with Senior Buyer.
- To attend all relevant Trade Shows and industry events, whether UK or abroad, to represent Ryman and search for new and current ranges/suppliers
- To be responsible for and manage selected ranges agreed with the Senior Buyer. Any changes must be signed off by Senior Buyer.
- To assist the Buyer or Senior Buyer in collating any reviews of ranges, to an agreed schedule, for range reviews / supplier meetings / trials / new product proposals and any other related tasks
- To support the Buyer or Senior Buyer with all range changes and trials, outside of the range review process. These must be proposed and signed off by the Senior buyer, with an effective exit strategy to ensure minimal margin erosion
- To help support the Senior Buyer to collate pricing information for product ranges by carrying out price checks against agreed retailer.
- To gather market data from suppliers and create a central information centre for each category with the Buying Analyst, that can be accessed by Buying team at any time.
- To provide support on multi-channel data integrity with Data Administrator
- Maintain sku set up with Data Administrator, set up procedures for new products and ongoing products
- To ensure promotional documents are completed in line with the Promotional Critical Path
- To ensure PAF forms are completed in line with the Promotional Critical Path.
- To complete new supplier account forms for sign off with Senior Buyer and Financial Director
- Ensure that accurate information is pulled together, for all forms of communication to the stores, in order to ensure effective implementation
- Reporting of SOA’s (sales out allowances) on a weekly basis to the Senior Buyer and accounts
- To collate information for accounts, where suppliers give us reduced costs and re-evaluate the current stock in the business
- To support Buyer or Senior Buyer with promotional activity and any residual action needed.
- To support Buyer or Senior Buyer in collation and formulation of promotional document for promotion meeting and to support Merchandising Manager with the merchandising build.
- To work alongside Space Planning team to ensure accurate allocation of space in store.
- To check each stage of the promotional document prior to it being locked for Marketing POS production.
- To ensure data integrity on the promotional document prior to Buying Analyst produced reports, (i.e. new lines, pricing on Navision, sales forecast, send forecast to suppliers.)
- To ensure promotional sales forecasts and promotional costs are communicated to the suppliers.
- To check the Marketing POS packs off for data integrity against main spreadsheet and then review with Buyer or Senior Buyer.
- To support the Buyer or Senior Buyer to collate packaging briefs and then check artwork - label checking such as barcodes, colours, codes etc as directed by the Buyer or Senior Buyer. Input to actual/layout/designs where appropriate for own brand products.
WHAT WE WOULD LIKE TO SEE IN YOU
- Passion for the Ryman Brand and our associated companies
- Passion for exceeding customer expectations
- Attention to detail
- Articulate and numerate
- Self motivated with an ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
Please note this job description is not exhaustive and you may be required to carry out other duties as and when required. Due to the high volume of applications we receive for each position, only successful candidates will be contacted.