Sales Assistant - Wilmslow - 6.5 Hours
Department: Sales Assistant
We never underestimate how essential our colleagues are to keeping our business moving and growing. We are looking for people who are passionate about our products. You are what makes Ryman, and in return we do everything we can to make it a great place to work.
The Job: Sales Assistant
WHO’S RIGHT FOR THE ROLE?
All the teams in Ryman, in our stores and in our Retail Support Centre, demonstrate how passionate about retail we are, by putting our customers first and sharing the vision to keep our customers at the heart of everything we do. We deliver results with energy, enthusiasm and passion. We are all resilient, innovative and adaptable team players.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Act as an ambassador for Ryman and the wider Theo Paphitis Retail Group by showing interest in learning everything about the business and your role and positively sharing this knowledge with our customers
- Contribute towards making Ryman the number one High Street Stationer by providing a consistent high level of customer service
- Confidently and professionally handle customer complaints and difficulties, including returns, to ensure customer retention
- Achieve and strive to exceed KPIs and objectives set by Store Management Team and the business
- Engage with customers enthusiastically, establish customer needs and help them to purchase by matching products to those needs through the application of a high level of product knowledge whilst highlighting relevant promotions and upselling
- Operate the till in an efficient manner, processing all transactions with a high regard to customer care and loss prevention procedures
- Carry out stock replenishment and when required maintain accuracy of our stock systems
- Promote high visual merchandising standards; ensuring that store housekeeping standards are high and continually achieved
- Acquire a high level of product knowledge and continue to self-develop that knowledge
- Recognise and act upon opportunities to increase the value of sales by offering appropriate additional items
- Ensure compliance with all relevant Health and Safety policies
WHAT WE WOULD LIKE TO SEE IN YOU
- Passion for the Ryman Brand and our associated companies
- Passion for exceeding customer expectations
- Enthusiastic, driven and focused on achieving results
- Self motivated with an ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Confident approach towards maximising sales opportunities
- Strong communication and team working skills
- A dedication to learning and developing your own skills
- Flexibility towards working hours and location
WHAT YOU WILL GET FROM US
- Fantastic training to help you complete your role and be the best you can be, with the option to continue your development into a more senior role, if you choose to progress within the the business.
- A great Team to work with where you can progress and make a difference at all levels.
- An opportunity to complete an apprenticeship in Retail.
- Fantastic weekly bonus (discretionary) should you and your Team hit your weekly targets.
- Ongoing incentives to reward your performance.
- Generous discount at Ryman and the other brands within the Theo Paphitis Retail Group.
Please note this job description is not exhaustive and you may be required to carry out other duties as and when required.