What are Cookies ?
Cookies are small data files which are placed on your computer or hand held device when you visit certain pages on websites. Cookies can't harm your computer. Some are essential, for example when putting items in your basket to place orders on our website while some are not essential but are used to enhance the user experience of the website. They allow us to:
- obtain statistical data regarding audience size and usage pattern,
- store information about your preferences,
- allow us to customise the website to your interests and deliver a high quality user experience,
- improve user experience and to allow the website to recognise you when you return.
The cookies when you access this website are set by us, our suppliers and partners to help deliver a high quality website and on-line shopping experience, and other third parties. If you'd like to learn more about cookies in general then visit www.aboutcookies.org. This will open a new browser window, please note that we are not responsible for the content of any external websites referred to from our site.
Please find below a list of the main cookies we use across our site:
|exp_last_visit||Recognise you when you return to our site.||1 day|
|exp_csrf_token||Security of form entries||1 day|
|exp_tracker||Recognise you when you return to our site.||On browser close|
|Google Analytics||_ga||[(a) Estimate our audience size and usage pattern.]||On browser close||Keeping an anonymous usage record of how visitors use the website, so we can improve the content and navigation of the website. The Google Analytics software is described at: http://www.google.co.uk/intl/en/analytics/privacyoverview.html To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, visit|
|_gat||[(a) Estimate our audience size and usage pattern.]||On browser close|
|_gid||[(a) Estimate our audience size and usage pattern.]||1 day
To add products to your basket and purchase from our website you will need to have cookies enabled within your browser settings. If cookies aren't enabled on your computer it will mean that your shopping experience on our website will be limited to browsing and researching.
TO ENABLE COOKIES
First you will need to indentify which browser you are using to access the Internet.
To do this on a P.C. you need to click on the 'Help' option at the top of your browser window and then select the 'About' option. If you are using a Mac open the browser window and click on the Apple menu then select the 'About' option.
Once you have identified your browser follow the instructions below to check and change the options. This list shows commonly used browsers, for all other browsers we would recommend you consult your documentation or the browsers online help files.
1. At the top right, click More and then Settings.
2. At the bottom, click Advanced.
3. Under 'Privacy and security', click Content settings.
4. Click Cookies. Next to 'Blocked,' turn on the switch.
1. Click on the More actions button on the toolbar, and select Settings.
2. Search for View advanced settings and click on it
3. Under Cookies section, select 'Don't block cookies'.
4. Restart Edge
1. Click the menu button and choose Preferences.
2. Select the Privacy & Security panel and go to the History section.
3. In the drop-down menu next to 'Firefox will', choose 'Use custom settings for history'.
4. Check 'Accept cookies from websites' to enable cookies.
5. Close the about:preferences page. Any changes you've made will automatically be saved.
1. Open Opera browser and go to Browser Settings.
2. In settings choose Privacy & security tab.
3. Scroll down to the Cookies section and choose checkbox 'Allow local data to be set (recommended)'
4. Restart Opera
1. Launch Safari and click the “Safari” menu icon in the top left-hand corner.
2. Click Preferences and select the Privacy tab from the top menu.
3. Next to the heading “Cookies and website data, make sure that 'Block all cookies' is unchecked.
Third Party Cookies
In order to ensure a high quality and rich experience when you visit our site we sometimes embed third party content on certain web pages. For example we have videos within some product information pages which are supplied from a third party such as YouTube. These third parties may place a cookie on your computer. We have no control over the setting of these cookies, so we suggest you contact the third-party websites directly for more information about their cookies and how to manage them.
On our site we have a number of sharing tools which allow you to share our content with your friends via social networks including Facebook and Twitter. When you do this you may be sent cookies from these websites. As these are external sites we cannot and do not control the setting of these cookies. We recommend you check the third-party websites for more information about their cookies and how to manage them.
Ryman Privacy & Security Policy